Water Service Worker, Grade II
Annual Salary: $51,934.25 to $62,290.13
The Cachuma Operation and Maintenance Board (COMB) is seeking a skilled individual, who can under direct supervision, assist with operation & maintenance of a large water transmission pipeline and storage facilities, valves and instrumentation, collect and record data, operate hand tools, mechanical equipment and vehicles. Must able to do physically strenuous work, and work in underground confined spaces.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with the installation, maintenance and testing of water system equipment and facilities.
- Inspects, troubleshoots and repairs system equipment and facilities.
- Fabricates specialized system components as necessary.
- Cleans, repairs and disinfects reservoirs and related facilities; records elevation of reservoir and recommends changes in flow rates as indicated.
- Digs trenches for pipes; repairs above-ground and underground pipelines.
- Reviews underground service alerts and determines whether they are in conflict with the location of the South Coast Conduit.
- Reads meters; collects field measurements and water samples as required.
- Records system data as assigned; prepares reports and sketches of field installations or changes.
- Maintains rights-of-way and other USBR easements; clears brush and grades surfaces; performs erosion control activities; removes or trims trees; removes debris from grounds; removes weeds; applies pesticides and herbicides; builds and repairs fences; paints structures; maintains and repairs irrigation systems; and patrols grounds for security as required.
- Provides traffic control at work sites as necessary to safeguard workers.
- Loads and transports dirt, hazardous waste, and other materials to proper destinations.
- Performs general building maintenance tasks, including but not limited to replacing windows and doors, replacing electrical circuits, installing telephone lines, installing HVAC equipment, installing and repairing plumbing fixtures, installing and repairing door locks and light fixtures, assembling and moving office furniture, etc.
- Maintains and performs routine repairs of vehicles and light-to-heavy equipment; prepares maintenance records.
- Operates construction vehicles and heavy equipment such as a backhoe, crane truck, loader, tractors, fork lift, mowers, etc; operates pumps, motors, generators, various grounds maintenance equipment, sprayer units, and a wide range of hand and power tools.
- Assists in monitoring work activities of contractors as requested.
- Attends training and seminars as required to improve job knowledge and skills.
- Performs all work in accordance with all agency policies and procedures, standards of quality and safety, and all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Performs routine office work as necessary, including answering the telephone, copying and filing documents, sending and receiving faxes, entering computer data, ordering supplies, parts and materials, etc.
Possession of a State of California Department of Health Services Water Distribution D2 certificate or the possession of a D1 certificate with the ability to obtain a D2 certificate within one year of appointment is required. Valid CA driver’s license and insurable driving record required.
COMB is a CalPERS employer and excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage. Mail or email completed application to the Human Resources Department. Mail to: 3301 Laurel Canyon Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 with envelope marked "Confidential." Or by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.