Mr. Degner joined COMB as the Water Resources Engineer in September 2017.
COMB's Operations Division is responsible for the diversion of water from lake Cachuma located in the Santa Ynez Valley to the South Coast of Santa Barbara County through the Tecolote Tunnel. In addition, the Operations Division responsibilities include operation and maintenance of the South Coast Conduit conveyance pipeline, flow control valves, meters, instrumentation at control stations, turnouts and appurtenant structures along the South Coast Conduit and at four regulating reservoirs. COMB coordinates closely with the Bureau of Reclamation and Member Agency staff to ensure that water supplies meet daily demands.
Mr. Degner is responsible for design, planning and construction management of COMB's Infrastructure Improvement Program (IIP) and Habitat Improvement Program (HIP). Mr. Degner also oversees outside engineering consultants who perform these functions on behalf of COMB.
- Bachelor of Science in Hydrologic Science, Highest Honors, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Professional Engineer in Civil in the State of California
- Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality
- California Qualified SWPPP Developer/Qualified SWPPP Practitioner
- California Water Treatment Operator - Grade T2
- California Water Distribution Operator - Grade D2
- California Qualified Industrial Stormwater Practitioner
Use the form below to send a message to Mr. Degner: